Sunday, October 4, 2009

3 places, 3 shots

Well, I had a very busy busy weekend. Go to the B&O Museum with my family, shoot a private party and meet up with some friends afterward.


The museum was very well worth the effort to go. Parking was horrendous but the museum was great. This shot was of the museums main roof structure. After having collapsed a number or years ago they had the daunting task of rebuilding the unique roof system. I'll give them credit they did a fantastic job of it. Yes, of course the trains were awesome too but I was more interested to see the roof, - as well as be with the family, of course.. Uhm right anyhow... lol..

The second part of my day was to photograph a birthday party that was more than a birthday party. Twins - one was having radiation treatment for the last time (we hope) and so it was a more than just a birthday party. The property was like a sanctuary for the soul. Every bit of it was well though out. there wer paths and bridges over littl man made streams a sitting area off the edge of the deck that was a semi-circle around a tiny pond. a mix of trees that added to the flavor of the grounds Everything was just peaceful. So during my shoot I managed to get a few shots of the grounds and this frog was one of the inhabitants of one of the ponds.


At then end of the day some of us meet up and talked a bit about this and that. I was near the destination when I noticed a red sky to the west and thought to go down to the water and get a shot before it disappeared. The sun had already gone below the horizon but the last light left was this red-ish orange-ish glow. The mask of night was creeping along at the top of the photo and a few starts were just coming out. This photo was time lapsed at about 1.5 seconds, long enough for the water to become silky.


That was my Saturday. I will continue to post these on a Sunday eve for now. Hope you have enjoyed these photos as I have had taking them.

Peace,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment