Saturday, September 26, 2009

No Flash Allowed



Friday September 25th I help lay a good friend to rest. I was asked to be the first reader. I was very honored to do so. The reading was about people dying at a young age. Sometimes people are given tasks to do by God and some people just happen to be able to do them at an early age. This passage I read hit home for me, for my first wife was taken at the early age of 28. Now clearly the people in charge of assigning these passages did not know me even by name. Yet it was intended for me to read this for the family of my friend, his friends, and also for me.

When all was said, and my friend laid to rest, I left a different person. Home I went, sat down , and starred at a black computer screen. With no intentions of turning it on what so ever I get up to do something that I can no longer remember I hit the power button while setting my phone on top of it. So I sat right back down and waited till it came up with the intent to power down but no I hit the email just because it felt right. My editor for the newspaper I photograph for had left a message for me wanting me to take a few photos of a concert because another photographer bailed out.


I called him up asking if anyone else volunteered for the assignment and no they didn't. Come to find out the concert was inside a church. Okay so now I say to myself "Another church to go into today, the first was hard enough" I show up at the church to find that the concert was not a typical concert but that this person or persons who, giving the concert, are composers of the music your hear in just about any church with a band you go into. So here's where it get interesting. A few of the songs that were performed had a lot to do with the situation I had been through with my friend passing away early and what he had done in his life to help others that needed help. And to top it off a few people who were at the funeral walked into the church. Well I stayed for the whole thing even though I needed only a few photos I obviously needed more than photos.



Let me ask you. Do you think someone (ahem!) was trying to send me a message?





Peace,
Brian

1 comment:

  1. My prayer is that God will work in your life, and I think He is working in your life, bringing you to question, pray, and understand. Keep asking the Holy Spirit to show you the way. Your photograph reminded me of the Trinity in One God.

    ReplyDelete