Sunday, October 11, 2009

A Walk in the Park

Taking a walk through the preserve does a minimum of two thing. One, being that you get lots of exersive and you don't even notice it until the next day. The second, if your eyes are open to your asurroundings, you can find some beautiful and out of the ordinary things. The above photo is a bit of both. The steel cabling that used to block off a section is rusting and left to continue. The post it has been put through is not a normal post but almost looks like it was not a completely fabricated wood post. Of course it's deterioration through the years could make it look like a regular dead tree but nope it's in concrete at the bottom.

Now this photo sort of cracked me up when I saw it. An apple tree. Okay so more like an apple in the hole of a tree but you get it. One of those things that just make you chuckle out loud. Out of the ordinary for sure. I actually went to two different places. One off of Governors Bridge Road in Bowie, MD and the other in Woodwardville, MD. This photo came from Woodwardville.

On continuing with my walk this bridge connects two areas making somewhat a shortcut with a large pond to the right and a small feeding creek to the left. Dozens of turtle sit on the logs and banks of this area. From the looks of it this is a bridge to nowhere. there is no real foot path evident here with the overgrowth. But it sure is inviting.

This last photo was taken shortly before the bridge I was standing on another bridge, just yards away from the one in the photo, looking out at the ponds seeking turtles or waterfowl. For the whole ten minutes I was there, catching my breathe from the 4 mile walk through the woods, this leaf was just inches away from me. I started to walk away but then I realized it was there. Kind of like a ton of bricks saying hello at the last second.
Anyhow just some pretty and strange photos for you to enjoy. There are more like it on my website.
Oh yes my website, I have a new one http://bcollinsdigital.zenfolio.com and go to the "A walk in the Preserve" gallery. Then just browse around you can even purchase any photos you like and you can leave comments too.

Thanks for looking and as always please leave a comment.
Peace,
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment