Sunday, October 18, 2009

Silpada Event



Silpada jewelry party. Now the mirror says "it's a girl thing" but they have jewelry for men as well. But the just didn't have the single earring collection for men. Hmmm! Oh well can't win them all. I was surrounded by some very beautiful woman of all ages. The food was good too. Helps to know the host very well to get feed like I did.

Shooting a jewelry party with all the shinny highlights of the sun when a flash is bounced off them was not a picnic at first. So I broke out the extra flash and a mini softbox to lighten up everything else. I had it pointed up toward a white ceiling so a flood of soft white fell upon everything nicely. That way my on camera flash, that was off camera by a cord and a new flash bracket, would not blow out the highlights.

There were some very nice jewelry at the table. Most of it is silver but there was turquoise and black onyx among other gems like garnets. At first the party was all about getting the food and conversation. And like most parties when it rains outside everyone tends to be late. So I had some time to take other photos of the jewelry before everyone showed up to try it on. Now when enough people had shown up I started my rounds looking for the admirers to try something on. But wait was something I wasn't into at that point in time so I urged some people. I said to a few that they should try some jewelry on and I'll take their photo. After a bit they started alright and the party got rolling. Everybody was laughing and having a good time.


The above photo is one of those very pretty ladies I mentioned before. We decided to have a bit of fun with the pose and I did a little post production effects after I got home. I have other photos on my Zenfolio website if you care to look at them. The link is to the right. Click on it and you'll be whisked away (well, not really).
More to come in a week. Maybe some more nature shoots.

Peace!
Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment